Solved

Nintex reapting section

• 20 January 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

I have created a list in SharePoint and what to add a column to capture the repeating section on my Nintex form,

When I go to add my column, I'm missing the following Nintex Repeating Section Data

197822_pastedImage_2.png

197818_pastedImage_1.png

Any Ideas?

Regards

Claire

icon

Best answer by jesse_mchargue 20 January 2017, 20:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello Claire Allen‌ - 

You have to commit the repeating section back to the list as the XML. You can parse it out using various approaches based on what you need to do with it, but I would check out  

I create a column in the list and have my repeating section control connected to my list column (usually named FormXML). This allows me to reference the XML at any time and do with it as I see fit. In one instance, I am taking each line item (each item in the repeating section) and creating a new item in another list. So for this we have the original request form and then we have an itemized list.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

If I'm not mistaken, you are asking what type of column to connect your repeating section data to?   You would use a Multiple Lines of text field (Plain Text) to capture your XML.   There is no "repeating section" specific column type as it is just text.   Your screen shot is from a plugin someone developed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Claire Allen‌ !

Funny you should mention this, I ran into it yesterday! Mike is correct - the column you have a screenshot of, above, is a column that a fellow created for Nintex On-Prem. As far as I can see, it has not yet been created for O365 - however - you can certainly query the XML, grab the bits & pieces you need, and insert them in a table.

I recommend reading 's article here: Parsing Repeating Section in O365

And, once you have all of your data bits, this one by Kok Koon GanShow Repeating Section as table in List View

The first one, I can definitely help with if you run into issues.

The second ... I have not tried yet. But, I think I shall give it a shot.

Good luck!

Rhia