Solved

Modified by is always the initiator, is there a work around to this?

• 14 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have an Approval workflow which I must have different Initiator and Author (which is the Modified by), but as the Workflow changes the item the Modified by field gets the initiator as the Modified by, instead of getting the last one that has updated the document...

Is there any workaround to get the last Modified by (before initialisation)?

icon

Best answer by andre_pereira 16 August 2018, 11:14

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

I've found the problem! When I was changing the status of the workflow it was somehow changing the item itself so that the Modified By turn to be the Initiator instead staying the same.

In order to solve this I've created a variable called 'Author' and before everything I set it to be the {Current Item:Modified By}, this way I was able to get the last modified by.

Badge +7

Since you've solved your own problem, you can mark your answer as the correct solution.

@andre_pereira i have exactly the same situation happening with my workflow right now. Could you please give me a bit more detail on how you set up a variable and updated it to last modified? I think i am doing something wrong, i can't seem to set this up correctly. thank you for your help!