Keeping track of task history in office 365

• 9 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Ok, I have really banged my head on this one. When I used Winshuttle in the past it was easy to attach the workflow task history. I understand that there are custom UDAs created for Nintex onprem that would give you the exact same functionality. But there seems to be no way to log this information and add it to the form in office365. In other words, there is no way to audit anything. are there any solutions that i'm missing. I love this software but sometimes I'm so perplexed at the simple things that winshuttle allowed me to do that Nintex does not.

3 replies

Badge +9

Why type of information are you trying to pull from the history? When you create a task action in the workflow there's an option for the Task ID. Assign that to a variable and you can query the task list and pull the information that you want. If you want it to show on the form then you would have to create fields on the form list and write it to those fields.

Badge +5

I saw solutions like that, but let’s say you have a workflow with like 3 levels of approvers who can approve or reject in a loop to give you something like this:

Sue | Start process | 9pm | Begin |

Joe | Approver1 task | 10pm | Approved | comments

Mike | Approver2 task | 10:30pm | Rejected | comments

Sue | Initiator task | 11pm | Submitted | no comments

Etc.

I don’t think that solution is easy to implement this on a form?

Badge +9

I'm sure you can get something like that... If you save the Task ID to the form list then run a workflow on the task list on modified. Within the workflow query the form list and write the information that has changed back to it. Also Nintex has internal variables such as "Approval Status" Approver Comments" that you can add.