"Item does not exist" error on Nintex Form Redirect URL for new item

Badge +2

I have an Nintex Form for Office 365 list form that, when edited and submitted, needs to redirect to the Display Mode of the current item as opposed to the default behavior of going back to the parent list.

To accomplish this, in the form's Layout Settings, I went to the Advanced section and set the Redirect URL to Item URL from the Common section.

This works great when I'm editing an existing item. I submit the form, the "Working on it" message appears for a second or two, and then I'm taken to the display view of the same item.

However, when I create a new item and save it, I receive the error message "Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user."

I assume this is because the redirect is happening before the item is done being created. This seems to be verified by the fact that if I go back to the list, the item is there.

I tried to resolve this by finding a way to attach a short pause to the redirect, but I couldn't find a workable solution given the available form capabilities.

Any suggestions?

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi Brad,

I tried the following solutions:

• Created a column with integer type with default value 0 and used save and submit button to change the value of the column to 1. I used alerts to show both the values 0 and 1 but the alert don't get triggered in case of 1 as the value gets updated just after the redirection.
  • I created a calculated column whose value is equal to hardcode url  column  and in redirection I am putting that calculated column,The page is redirecting to the correct page provided in hardcoded url.
  • I created a calculated column whose value is equal to hardcode url  column and [id]  and in redirection I am putting that calculated column,The page is giving the error.

Following are the conclusions:

1. Item URL is getting updated after the redirection which is concluded from the scenario 3
  2. If you use the column with default value then it gets redirected to the correct url
Badge +9

Hi Brad

I have exact same issue with various testers who are testing my State Machine in Office 365.    I am seeing this issue occur when I make a colleague and Approver even tho he has as both Full Control over the  library and is also an Office365 / SharePoint admin. 

I have seen the issue with or without Citrix in play on IE11.

Why is this  happening other users. ?

Daniel

Badge +9

Hi

The team and I did a lot testing this issue yesterday.  

Try going to Workflow Task and open the task there.  One of my testers found they had no issues when they did this.

I also ensured these were added to the browser security settings.

Trusted Sites:

workflowo365.nintex.com

https://*.nintex.com

Bizarrely the issue didn't occur again when attempted to open inbox task link and seems intermittent for other users.