Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with the yammer message action(it will post the new message into Yammer group from the Nintex workflow). I am able to post new yammer message to some yammer groups by using the yammer message action. But with few groups I am facing an issue, the posted message not moving to the specified yammer group. Posted message moving to the All Company yammer group(Default group)

In my research, I have found if we are not specifying any group name in the yammer message action options, posted message will move to All Company group. But I am specifying the correct group name, still the yammer message action posting to the All Company group.

So can anybody help me in this issue? Please provide your valuable suggestions?

if any body need more information please ask me..

Thanks in advance...

any body please provide your valuable pointers/suggestions on this issue?

Hi Somasekhar, can you please post an image of how you have configured the Yammer Message action?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Please find the below screenshot.

One more update about this problem is, I am not able to sent messages to few groups(For example Yammer group name starts with A,C,M,D…etc.) the posted message not moving to the specified yammer group. Posted message moving to the All Company yammer group(Default yammer group).

if you want any other details, please message me.

Thanks..

Hi Somasekhar,

Could you please show the rest of that configuration box?  The more interesting bit is to come (group names etc).

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Please find the below remaining two screenshots.

Screenshot 2:

Screenshot 3:

Thanks..

Hi Somasekhar,

Everything in the action looks like it is configured correctly.  I think it might have something to do with the Yammer permissions for that group.  Does the initiator have access to post to all of these groups? 

If I was going to change anything in the action, I would possibly change the authorising user from Initiator to an account that you know has permissions to post to all groups.

When you use the Initiator, it's going to prompt that person to allow Nintex to post to Yammer using their credentials.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Somasekhar,

Did you manage to test this out/change the DocuSign credentials from Initiator?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry for my late reply...

About your question "Does the initiator have access to post to all of these groups?"

we are trying to post the message to public groups so initiator by default having the rights to post the messages.

One more update about this problem is, I am not able to sent messages to few public groups(For example Yammer group name starts with A,C,M,D…etc.) the posted message not moving to the specified yammer group. Posted message moving to the All Company yammer group(Default yammer group).

Thanks..

I think that might have something to do with how those groups are set up in Yammer.

If you're going to keep the initiator configured the way it is, can you run a test where you post to that Yammer group manually to see if it works.  If it does, try running the workflow as yourself to also see if that works.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. 

I am able to add the messages to those groups (Yammer group name starts with A,C,M,D…etc.) manually, but  I am facing an issue with the Nintex yammer message action.

I have tried your second suggestion as well, removed the initiator value and added my email id in the Authorizing user field. But getting the same result, Posted message moving to the All Company yammer group(Default yammer group).

Thanks..

I use this action and haven't run into this issue though also only use a few public groups.

Is it one particular group that's having issues, or multiple?

Hi Ward,

Thanks for your reply.

I am facing above issue with multiple groups(For example Yammer group name starts with A,C,M,D…etc.) the posted message not moving to the specified yammer group. Posted message moving to the All Company yammer group(Default yammer group).

My environment is SharePoint online site. if you need any other details, please message me.

Hi Someasekhar,

As you've tried it manually as yourself and then set your own credentials in the action and it behaves differently, I think you've done all you can do to test it and it's probably time to escalate this to support.  You can log a ticket through the support menu at the top of this screen.

Cheers,

Chris