Skip to main content

Hello everyone. I have a very simple question to ask, and I am struggling to make it work.

I have a simple Nintex form. The form contains a text field called "favorite_color", and a save button.

I also have a LIST, with a column called "color" which I would like to update via a workflow.

The idea is to capture the information typed in the "favorite_color" field of the form, and insert that value into the "color" field of the LIST.

I have created a WORKFLOW:

219228_pastedImage_1.png

I then edit the property of this workflow action called "Create List Item"

I am targeting the list name ("Andrei List - Colors"), and also the field of that list called "color"

I have attempted various combinations in the "Title" and GUID and ID sections, but I cannot anything to work. I am not seeing the forest for the tree, and would appreciate any help with this. Would like the entered color in the FORM (when the "Save" button of the form is pressed) to enter a new record in the LIST ("Andrei List - Colors") with the text that was entered in the "favorite_color" of the FORM.

Appreciate it,

Andrei

219229_pastedImage_2.png

Hi Andrei. You are almost there with the configuration. In the "List Item Properties" drop down, choose the "color" field and click the Add button on the right. The "color" field will be added below the "Title" field.  Next click in the "color" input field and double click on the form field name from the Item Properties on the right panel that pops up. The item property will show up in the "color" input field. This should do it for you.

Nintex Workflow Office 365 - Create New Item

Thank you for the suggestion. The issue I am having is that the "color" control is not visible in the right menu (as per your screen). The "Andrei List - Colors" is a list that has some colors added. This list is then imported into the form as a LIST LOOKUP, but I am not able to make the connection between the form and this list.

Here is what I see in the list lookup (after I edit the settings of the selection drop down (drop down selection is called "da_color"):

This is what the form looks like. The drop down selection selection with the label of "Color"  is called "da_color"

I am able to make connections of the other fields (ie. "Country" textfield to the "country" column/field in the LIST that that sits behinds this form. This list is called "Travel Request Form"

This form calls in the color list, but can't connect to it is what I have noticed. 

Appreciate the assistance. Thank you!