Solved

How to create subfolder?

• 15 July 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I'm using Nintex Forms and Workflow on Office 365.

I have a Document Library where I have created a bunch of new Document Content Types, examples includes "Custom Folder", "My Word Document", "My Excel Document".

The Document Content Types also has metadata included (eg. Title (default), and Industries).

I am trying to create a Nintex Workflow that will check if a new item is created based on the "Custom Folder", if it is, then I want the workflow to create a bunch of sub folders within the Custom Folder.

I have done some searches online, but all lead to an action called "Create Item", but what is only available to me is "Create list Item", which has a different set up than "Create item".

So the question is, how can I automatically create sub folders under the parent Custom Folder?  and then also set the metadata to inherit from the parent?

icon

Best answer by suolon 16 July 2015, 16:28

View original

3 replies

Badge +8

Found this. Hope it helps.

Create Folders under document library: Nintex Workflow | Sharepoint Sharepoint Shapoint

Badge +1

Hi Suolon Hu​,

You may use "Create item in another site" action which it allows you to define the path where to create the folder.

Badge +4

Hi all,

Thanks for the response.  I actually got it to work using the "Create List Item" action.

So to walk through this for others who wants to know how:

"Target List" - is the name of the Document Library that I want to create the folder in.

"List Item Properties" - I've added Title, Content Type ID, and Client Industry_0, which are my metadatas found on the form when they create a new folder.

"Path and Name" - this is where you specify the name of the subfolder and where it will be created - in my case, the name of the new subfolder is "Phase 1", and it will be located under the parent folder called Title.

"Title" - the name of the subfolder, now to think of it, I'm not sure if this is needed since I already specified it in the "Path and Name", will test it out later by removing it... but for now I'll just leave it there.

"Content Type ID" - I'm setting it as the same Content Type as the parent folder, so the metatags are consistently being used.

"Client Industry_0" - this is the Managed Metadata that I created in the Term Store Management at the TENANT level (not site collection level).  I'm setting this to be the same as the parent folder.

"Output Variable" - I just created one as a place holder.  I'm not using this variable anywhere else in my workflow.... yet.

And again, this is done for Office 365 and it does work for me.  Hopefully this will help others.