Skip to main content

I am running into issues of required fields from hidden panels preventing the form submission . If the user chooses only New Account, the required fields from other panels prevent the form from being submitted. I have tried using suggestions from the below links but they don’t work for me. Is it because my panels are controlled by yes/no check boxes? Any suggestions? Thanks!

https://community.nintex.com/thread/17364-on-nintex-forms-is-there-anyway-to-selectively-disable-certain-validations

https://community.nintex.com/thread/13807-how-do-i-disable-a-requiredmandatory-field-based-on-a-choice

Hi Abdi,

I have also faced a similar scenario in one of my forms. I suggested you to select the required control in your form which is mandatory in your case and write a validation rule to validate with a error message as E.g.,"data required in this column" only when the corresponding choice for the panel to appear is selected.

For instance in a case where there is a choice column to choose between Employee  and Contractor, the panel for Contractor alone has a mandatory field of  check box to declaration of truth.This checkbox was preventing my form from submitting even when the choice is employee.

So I wrote a validation rule for the check box control in the Contractor panel as follows:

and(!({Self}), equals(EmployeeContractor,"Contractor"))

This ensures that this control is validated as mandatory field only when the choice is Contractor and there is no data supplied for this field.

Also please make sure that you set the field validation(mandatory requirement) using the Nintex validation rules.If you have already enabled this as a mandatory field while creating columns in SharePoint ,Nintex cannot over rule that.

Hope this helps!

Hi SreeJo V,

So this check boxes are not required, but each one controls a panel, which has fields that are required. In this example I only want to fill-out New Account and submit the form, however other Checkboxes have panels that also have required fields. Phone/Access/Computer panels have required fields even though they are hidden until selected.

I have also disabled required fields from the SharePoint List but no luck so far!