Solved

"Groups" in Nintex Forms

Hello Everyone,

The video suggestion "Show/Hide" was helpful. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaBYm7lS03Y

I'm now going to create using "Groups".  I couldn't find "Groups" as a function. 

Thoughts.  

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Garrett 3 August 2022, 17:39

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

For Responsive and Classic Forms, you want to search for the PANEL control.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If you're using the New Responsive Designer, you can create a rule to show or hide a control (like a Group) based upon whether the form user is part of a SharePoint group. You would need to use the isMemberOfGroup function in the rule.  Here's more information on the isMemberOfGroup function: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/office365/Designer/Functions/isMemberofGroup.htm

The image below is an example of a rule that hides a Group control if the current form user is not part of the "Your Group Name" SharePoint group.

Good morning Bamaeric,

Will the response you gave me work for "Responsive" (I believe now known as "Old Responsive")?

Good morning.  May it be a good day!

Well .. I set up the Panels, similar to the exhibit pertaining to New Responsive, save I'm in Old Responsive.  Do I need to hide them, then set up a rule to show them?  How would that be done?

Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Underdog 

For the Responsive, you show the Panel. Then use a rule to Hide them.

Here is our Choice control with values "Option 1", "Option 2", "Option 3"

Here is Panel1 Rule. This Rule is 

What does the rule do?

When the value of Choice is not "Option 1", Panel1 is hidden.  Try it out

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

No, this will not work for the Responsive and Classic designers. Those designers have a different rules engine than the New Responsive Designer.

To accomplish this scenario in the Responsive designer, you will have to create a rule on a Panel control and use a hidden function (fn-IsMemberOfGroup) to hide the Panel is a user is not part of a SharePoint user group. This hidden function is not part of the visible Runtime Functions in the rule builder.

First add the Panel control and move the desired fields inside it. Then add a rule to the Panel control. Configure that rule with the following settings:

• Rule name = Hide Panel (or whatever you'd like)

• When = not(fn-IsMemberOfGroup("Your Group Name"))

• Then = Hide

This function and rule will hide the Panel group if the form user is not part of the SharePoint group. If they are part of the SharePoint group, then the Panel control is visible.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Underdog, I just realized I might have misinterpreted what you were asking. I saw "Groups" and thought you were implying "SharePoint groups". So the solution from @Garrett might apply more to your question.

Apologies if my responses are off target. At the very least, you've learned another Nintex Forms trick to use should that need arise.

Hi Garrett,

I've set the rules up per your instruction.  They work correctly.  When I press "Option 1" .. "Panel 1" hides itself.

So, what I'm truly looking for is what you showed me in your Link; that is, when you press Option 1, Panel 1 appears.  I would like for our members to not see Panel 1, Panel 2 or Panel 3 until Option 1, Option 2 or Option 3 are chosen, like in your excellent Link example.

So, I would like Panel 1, Panel 2 & Panel 3 to start hidden.  Then when (for instance) Option 1 is chosen, Panel 1 then appears.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

@bamaeric,

No worries .. I'm grateful for any instruction.  And yes, I added your comments to my understanding of Nintex which never hurts .. lol .. .  Garrett has properly instructed me on hiding Panels .. and now I'm looking for the Panels to start hidden, only to be revealed when an option is chosen; for instance, pressing Option 1 reveals Panel 1.

Thoughts?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Underdog 

Hey, its supposed to work the other way. When you click Option 1 (Panel 2 and Panel 3 should be hidden). 

Enclosed is the form. Have a look at it. Pls note that the panels are empty, you can fill them with controls later. (just import it, ya)

Cheers

For some reason, the file would not download and open.

Is there some way for all three Panels to start hidden, and only appear when an Option is selected, like in your Link example?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @bamaeric 

Thanks for sharing. I am certain that @Underdog will make great use of your SharePoint Group tips.

Hey @Underdog 

@bamaeric maintains a really informative Nintex + SharePoint site at https://techrhodes.com/ 

He has been using Nintex for a really, really long. (PS I'm just a newbie with almost 1 year on Nintex O365). I didn't even know about Classic and Responsive until I tried to answers some of the community questions. 

@bamaeric Keep up the good work!
@Underdog Ask and learn more...

Cheers guys

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Try again. I have zipped up the Form.

Hopefully you are able to download the Form

Click the icon. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Here are the Rules since you are unable to download the Form

When "Option 1" is NOT selected, Panel One should hide.

When "Option 1" is selected, Panel One is shown.

When "Option 2" is NOT selected, Panel Two should hide.

When "Option 2" is selected, Panel Two is shown.

Cheers

SIMPLY EXCELLENT!  Thank you!