Dynamic lookup in a Nintex form to azure db table/column

• 22 September 2017
  • 6 replies

hi,

I'm trying to use Execute SQL to lookup a column in an Azure DB, so that as the data is typed into the field in a Nintex form field, results are returned dynamically.

I have successfully managed to load about 100 records direct from the DB but the full list is quite large (10k+ lines) so I would like to see if I can access the data direct from the form field, by querying the DB table?

Not sure if this possible or if the performance would make this a bad option?

thanks,

syed

6 replies

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I am a little stuck here. Any suggestions or hints?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

Do you really need to load all the 10k+ lines? Cannot you narrow the list using some "where" clauses? I am not aware of any limits...

Regards,

Tomasz

Ideally, I would like to be able to see possible values when I start typing in the field. Would that be possbile using this method?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well, unfortunately the action has its limitations - only 200 records per single query and column names cannot contain spaces (source: Execute SQL).

Just to be sure - you are trying to use the SQL Request Control, or Execute SQL action?

Regards,

Tomasz

I'm using Execute SQL action.

I'm thinking of maybe making the field a free text entry field and then having a button to validate the entry against the DB, with some suggestions to choose from.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Definitely you must do some sort of pre-selecting a filter parameters, so that you can add them to the "WHERE" clause of your query... In Nintex Workflow you would be able to use the action in a loop, returning 200 rows in each loop. But on the form you are not able to do that, so the only option I see is to make the query to not returning more than 200 rows...

Regards,

Tomasz