Skip to main content

Hi, I m looking for some help for the calculated current date

Set up a choice field "approved by A"

Set up a choice field "approved by B"

set up a calculated field "date approved" with the formula as below:

If(approved by A=='YES'&& approved by B=='YES', Current time, '')

Nothing wrong with the formula, but my problem is the current time keeps changing, after A and B approve it, still lots of work needs to be done by others in the form, I don't want the date keeps changing. I just want the date once is calculated, it is locked, not allowed to be re-calculated. I tried with rules, but seems I can't disable the calculated field, it re-calculates regardless, and I can't use mode, it only can be calculated in edit mode.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Linda Hu‌,

Instead of using rules, use JavaScript and store current time value in a list column or update it using workflow and display it using calculated column. Because 'Current Time' or 'Current Date' are always will execute and generate system time. 

Thanks,

Lakshmi Narayana C

Why not have it default to "today" but be disabled if Approver A Status == "YES"? I'm guessing each of them have their own date on which they approved? As in, make it a date field, not a calculated date.

You could also do this with Workflow and have it be a date field that is not editable by users, but is changed by workflow whenever Status is changed to "YES". So it will set it for them at the appropriate time and not be changeable later.