Skip to main content

Platform:  Nintex Forms and Workflow for SharePoint Online (NOT on premises)

Question:  

Is there a way to capture all approval comments from all tasks that occur throughout a single workflow into one field with time and date stamps. The "All Approver Comments HTML" and "Last Approver Comments" fields appear to be ON PREM Only and are not an option in Nintex online.  

As far as I can tell an overall approval task related variable does not exist in Nintex Online.  Has anyone come across a decent way to accomplish a complete list of approver comments? (Bonus points for time stamps.)  Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.

Hi there:

So this seems to be something they are looking at:

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/218291-3-nintex-workflow-for-office-365/suggestions/6623242-add-caputure-approver-rejected-comments-in-assign

And it also seems that Swetha has found a work around in the mean time, check out the thread here:

https://community.nintex.com/message/19317?commentID=19317#comment-19317

Let me know if this helps you.

Cheers,

Rhia

If you are trying to capture them from "inside" of the workflow which created them, then this is simple as call the "Query list" action.

You have to make a query the task list, setting a filter: "Instance Id = {WorkflowContext:Instance ID}" - this will return you a list of all tasks created by your current workflow. Then just set "Separate outcome per column", sort it by "Creation Date" and get yourself data from fields you want, ex. "Modified By" (or "Assigned To", to get data of a user who completed the task"), "Modified" (to get date/time when task was completed), "Field where you store comments" (to get approver comments), "Outcome" (to get info whether it was approved or rejected") and so on.

However when you are trying to get a list of tasks created by a different workflow, then what I do in such case, I query the task list using "Title" of the task as the comparison parameter. Then there is a question what you want to get. Tasks created for a certain item (you have its ID?), for the certain process, for...?

Regads,

Tomasz