Solved

"Choice" data type for Component Workflow input?

Badge +4

I'm guessing this is a bug/missing feature, but maybe I'm just overlooking something. I hope someone here can confirm.

I tried to set up a component workflow with a "choice" input. This would be for choosing a parameter from a list of fixed options.

I was able to create a variable of type "Choice" and set the Initiation to yes.  I was able to enter the list of options. When manually starting the workflow, the choice input correctly shows up as a drop-down selection box.

However, when I add the component workflow to another workflow using the "Run Component workflow" action, the choice input is missing. The other inputs are there.  

If I replace the choice input with a text input, it shows up. This is risky though since there's no way (that I know of) to leave a note saying "these are the values you can type here."

icon

Best answer by Garrett 20 July 2022, 23:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ab50439 

The calling workflow cannot pass data to the Choice datatype. 

When you try to Save or Publish the workflow - The Setting Dialog Box displays the "Enable Component Workflow" checkbox. If you tick it, a message appears. 

cheers

Badge +4

Thanks for confirming - I didn't notice that message.  Strange that it even lets you make a Choice an input (initiation variable).  Why not disable Initiation like it does for Collection?  Stranger still that it doesn't just work - I don't see any obvious reason why it couldn't.