Check for empty optional number parameter in workflow?

Badge +4

I'm working on a Component Workflow to replace and extend the discontinued inline function fn-Min.  I wanted to make two numbers mandatory, but up to ten numbers could be entered to find the minimum of the list.  The problem I'm running into is that I can't find a way to determine if a parameter (Initiation Variable) has been left blank.  The blank numbers are just defaulting to zero, and I can't find a way to know that this substitution was made.

I thought, maybe if I set the default value to something unique that I could look for.  A Number variable is supposed to be equivalent to System.DoubleSystem.Double supports NaN, positive and negative infinity, and negative zero.  The Nintex UI prevents me from typing letters into the default value, but I was able to type and save -0.  Unfortunately, I can't do the same in a RunIf action (it removes the "-" as I type), so there's no way for me to check for a value of negative zero, even if I had successfully defaulted to it.

Is there any other way to check for empty/defaulted number parameters?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

If you use -1 instead of -0 the run if action will accept the value.
Badge +4

Yeah, but -1 is a valid value that someone might need to include in the list of values.