Solved

Book a time slots using Nintex form and connect it to the receivers outlook calendar

• 15 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi Everyone,

I received a requirement to create a Nintex form (SharePoint online) to select time slots for this week. This time slots is basically coming from a person calendar when he is available this week to run the updates on users laptop. Users needs to book the available slots from this Nintex form, once someone selected the available time, it will not appear for another users. How can I connect this form with the receivers outlook calendar? I know how to add time slots and hide it from the form once someone picked up. but I am not sure how to sync this SharePoint list(Nintex form) with outlook calendar? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Pooja 

icon

Best answer by Garrett 16 August 2022, 02:55

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @pooja22 

You can use the MS Exchange Online actions to connect to a User's Calendar - to query (get), create, update or delete calendar items

NWC also has a set of actions for Google Calendar with similar features.

Cheers

@Garrett Thank you for the response. 

Is this action also shows all the available time slots this week from user calendar? and add those time slots in nintex form?

Thanks, Pooja

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @pooja22 

Those actions are all in the Workflow. Use "Get Calendar Items" at a specific Date/Time. 

If there is no events then create a new item at that specific date/time.

Is this action also shows all the available time slots this week from user calendar? NO

and add those time slots in Nintex Form? NO

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Why don't you have a look at the Bookings app which comes with the Microsoft 365 subscription

@Garrett I have suggested that option already, but they wanted to achieve the solution using Nintex.

Also, when I am checking the exchange version in nintex action they have latest exchange 2013 and my company is using exchange 2019.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @pooja22 

This is one possible solution. You will need 2 workflows 

Workflow 1:

This will query the available time slots from the user's calendar and update into a SP List.

Workflow runs periodically 8am, 12pm, 4pm (you decide the timings)

Workflow 2:

Form has drop-down control link to the SP List.

Drop-down display the Free available slot to choose.

Workflow will check if the time slot is still available (someone else might have book the slot) and create event and notify both parties (Applicant and Technician)

Cheers 

@Garrett Which action are you using Exchange online create online item or Exchange online retrieve online item for the step 1? 

Thanks, Pooja

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @pooja22 

To query availability, use 

Then count the Output collection. if 0 (Zero) means there is no item, if 1 or more means there is event items.