Skip to main content

I use the "Start a Task Process" action to send an approval task to three people.  The action is configured to complete when the first response is received.

This creates three tasks in the "Workflow Task List".  Let's just say the IDs  for the task items are:

When I approve one of the three tasks, let's say its 3393, the other two tasks are deleted from the "Workflow Tasks" list.

3392 - Deleted from the list.

3393 - Complete

3394 - Deleted from the list

That means that if the other two approvers attempt to follow the link to the task they were assigned, perhaps they got into the office late or were busy, they get an error indicating the item was deleted.

Is this normal behavior? If so, is there a more graceful way of handling the link to the deleted task?

Chris

Answer1: This is the normal behavior

Answer2: Currently there's no another way on Nintex to manage this. 

Hi Chris,

Fernando is correct - incomplete tasks are removed by the task process.

Having a quick look at the underlying activities, I can see there is in fact a property called PreserveIncompleteTasks that I believe controls this behaviour, however we do not expose this through the configuration screen.

I think it would be possible to achieve this assuming the desired outcome is to leave the tasks in place once the task process has completed, however the outcome would be that there is a task that a user is acting on that has no impact or bearing on the running workflow (and would not have an indication to the user that this was the case).

I'd recommend that if this is something useful that you add it to uservoice as a new feature request, I've seen the question asked before so it's possible you're not the only person interested in this.

One follow-up question, are the two redundant approvers being sent a task cancellation email?

Thanks,

Callum