Skip to main content

I apologize for my ignorance on this subject, but I need help with the Adobe Sign action. I've been reading about it and it seems like I need a list with a document generation action that then creates the PDF to be signed, right?

I have a problem where we are generating packages for signatures from multiple people. This is for closing out projects so there are lots of sections such as QA, Drawings, GIS, etc. These sections obviously change with each package. There are signatures required from multiple people who review the package.

Currently we are using Adobe Sign without SharePoint or Nintex, but sometimes the packages are too large. Would it be too large to use the Nintex action as well? I'm also not sure how a document generation action would work in this case since there isn't really a good template.

I would appreciate any guidance.

You can use word documents with Adobe Sign, no problem about that. You do not need a document generation action.
The Adobe Sign action in Nintex is just a wrapper, so you will have the same size limitations you already have.
Document generation will just populate an Office document with values from your workflow (variables, item properties, etc.). The template used is up to you, it's just a Word or Excel document. You can also conditionnally add some things in the generated document. For example, if you want to generate a contract, you might not need all paragraphs depending on the price, so you do not need to include this or that paragraph.