Solved

A Control Needs to be Mandatory on the Nintex Form

• 17 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello Everyone,

Quick question, hopefully.  A Control does not have a mandatory "*" next to its Title, though I "checked that box" in the Column in the Nintex List Lookup.  I believe I have refreshed all as necessary.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

25215i7E90531C2E051848.png

25216i4494FE3CD4C9E01A.png

icon

Best answer by Garrett 17 August 2022, 21:20

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Underdog 

In the control settings, set Required to YES

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Underdog, that checking on the SP column is only being done when you are submitting the form.

You can try it and see whether the form will be saved. On the Form, the Status field is not mark as Required. Leave it blank or empty and click Submit to save the form. 

1st layer of validation (FORM) is fine (no issue)

2nd layer of validation (Writing to SP List) has issues because the column must not be empty. 

There should be some error message from SP. 

Hi.

I don't see it (which is odd, because sometimes it's there .. sometimes its missing ..).

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

That is a Choice control which is not only connected to SP Choice column but also using the choices defined in the SP Choice column. When the choice is configure this way, there isn't a Required field. (I never noticed that before)

If you try to disconnect, the choice control will keep the choices values and the Required field is available. 

Yes.  You're exactly right.  I deleted the "Connected to" connection, which placed the choices in the "Choices" text area.

Now mandatory.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Underdog ,

I need to highlight the following - if you remove the "connected to", this means that when you Submit the form, it will not update the SP column. It will not save the the selected value.

Agreed.  I took a moment after your comment to consider which way to go.  I decided to go ahead and connect to SP, as that is a necessary List field for tracking.  I believe once we go live with this form, the SP requirement for field completion will give me what I'm looking for when members complete the form.  Also, I defaulted the Control field to "New SPARK Item," thereby ensuring an entry.

Thank you for the follow-up and consideration.  Have a great day!