Skip to main content
Solved

Conditional startup options in Nintex Workflow 365 migration to NAC

• 10 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Um, how do we go about starting a workflow for conditions on previous value of list item?

We are migrating to NAC from sharepoint on-premise for some of our sites. I cannot figure out how to replicate this! Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @brandiwoodson ,

I am sorry but at the present time there is no equivalent functionality in Nintex Automation Cloud to start a workflow based on the change of metadata in a particular column in SharePoint.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @brandiwoodson ,

I am sorry but at the present time there is no equivalent functionality in Nintex Automation Cloud to start a workflow based on the change of metadata in a particular column in SharePoint.

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Do you know if this will be brought back? Those of us that migrated to NAC use that alot and now have to pivot a simple process. I’m shocked this isn’t available, curious if it’s on the roadmap to be incorporated in start conditions for SharePoint. Let me know, thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

If a workflow needs to be started based on a value change in your SharePoint list from an original value, there are several options to accommodate for this in Nintex Automation Cloud.  These are also alternative solutions to what is available today in Nintex for SharePoint as the Compare to Field function in Conditional settings.

The solution options include starting workflows based on, if:

1. A value difference exists.
  2. There is no match.
  3. A value exists

Value difference exists

Add a Sharepoint column that calculates the difference between original and new value, using a subtraction formula.  Use this column as the workflow start event.  If there is numeric value in this column, then the workflow starts.

There is no match

Add a Sharepoint column that determines a match between original and new value, using an if/then formula.  Use this column as the workflow start event.  If not a match, then workflow starts (i.e. No).

A value exists

Add a Sharepoint column that checks for a value.  Populate the column with the new value.  Use this column as the workflow start event.  Then null out the value, after the workflow starts, such that a workflow is not started if other fields are changed.

1. Sharepoint list: Create a new column to capture the “Adjusted price”
  2. In Nintex Automation Cloud workflow: Adjust the start event’s condition to wait for Adjusted amount to have a value.
  3. In NAC workflow: Add a Sharepoint Update items action, and move the value from Adjusted amount to Amount, and null the Adjusted amount in preparation for future changes.