Skip to main content

Is there a property or rule which could be set to expand the workspace instruction text to be a bigger box than 3 lines?

My text which I would like to use is 'memo' length, and/or longer than 100 characters.  Some of the text is also truncated.

Basically, the workflow lets us put in longer text, but then we have to scroll to display it.  We would like to see all of the workflow text for instructions.

Hi  @BKlaege ,

Could you provide a screenshot showing the text you are referring to in Workspace?  

Regards,

Kimberly 

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Kimberly,

Attaching a screenshot of workflow instructions in workflow designer, and what it shows in the workspace.

Maybe it is just my opinion, but if K2 accepts text in workflow, shouldn't it show this text in the workspace instructions

The workspace does not allow a larger space, and it truncates the text.

Future version?  Or is there something I can change?

BKlaege

K2 Support reply:

Hi Bill,
I was able to get some answers for you regarding your issue. While reproducing this I got the same issue as you did. I added some test paragraphs to the Basic Task form 'instructions' box, deployed and ran the workflow. Upon receiving the task I can see that the last parts of the instructions were indeed truncated. I decided to do a few more tests and discovered that the character limit for the 'Instructions' box is 255. It does not say in the K2 Designer that the limit is 255 characters, nor a warning when that amount is exceeded in the textbox. I am currently reaching out to our labs department to make sure this is rectified in our future versions. We understand this is not optimal and may be frustrating.
Some workarounds would be to use fewer line breaks per instructions, or build a custom task form which can handle more text.
I thank you very much for pointing this issue out to us.
Best regards,

Jeremy
K2 Support

There is user documentation on the limit of 255 characters in instructions in workspace tasks.  Just hard to find.

Attaching the reference and link.

BKlaege