Skip to main content

After creating a package in a source environment  and deploying to another target environment, I can see that the workflow version has been incremented in the management console for the target environment. That version is also set as the default version.

However, if I go to the designer in the target environment the workflow version is set to the previous version. If I delete that workflow in the designer (which is terrifying to me), it will then show the correct latest version from the recent deployment.

Is this correct? It seems very confusing. I would expect the designer to pick up the most recently deployed version. If I accidentally modify that older workflow and then deploy it, I think I get the older version.

Hi  @dustinaleksiuk;

Have you upgraded fromm 4.7 to 5.3 perhaps?

Please take advantage of legacy tools to view process version from k2 designer either that in management(https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#LegacyDesigntools/Workflow/Navigation/K2D4SF_Workflow_Sharing_and_Naming.html).

Kind regards;

Widson.

Hi Widson,

Thanks for that, but although we upgraded from 4.7 to 5.2 these particular workflows are all purely in 5.2. The functionality you linked to in the legacy designer seems like what I would like to have.

It's odd to me that after I deploy my designer is still pointed to the old version and not the new default version. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to change it without "deleting" the current workflow in the designer.

Hi,

Can you delete the design version of the workflow from K2 Designer? Please make a backup of the K2 database first.  This will automatically re-load the default runtime version from Management site. Next, you can try to edit the workflow and see if that loads the correct version. I have seen this in the past, and we ended up rolling back the version and redeploy the package again, see the following link (http://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt143831). 

Were you ever able to find a solution to this problem? I have just discovered that we have the same issue. The workflows in Designer do not show the latest deployed version. In some cases workflows are more than one deployed version behind. Having discovered this today, a lot of strange workflow issues we have had lately, suddenly make sense.

I understand that I can delete the workflows in Designer and hope they go to the latest version in the database, but that isn't a solution, especially when I'm looking at doing this to all workflows that have been deployed in the past few months in 2 environments.

Not a happy camper here...