Skip to main content

I need to find more information about a cancelled process, but i am not sure where to find it inside the K2 database.

I have looked inside Server.ProcInst as well ServerLog.ProcInst and ServerLog.ProcInstAudit, but i simply could not find it.

Can you suggest what should i do next?

Hello,

Just  to clarify, when you mean "cancelled" was this process instance removed/deleted from either K2 Workspace or K2 Management?

On the legacy K2 Workspace, if you choose to remove a process instance, there is an option to "Remove Log Entries". If this is checked, then all reporting data for this instance will be removed from the K2 database. Otherwise, the data will be kept.

On the K2 Management site, deleting an instance will remove all reporting data along with it. Pertinent data in the K2 database will be removed automatically.

As you are not able to find an entry in the [ServerLog].[ProcInst] table for this instance, then I am afraid there's no way to retrieve its corresponding data.

Hi  @bengtiong;

You can get processID from management-->Reports-->All instances then use this tool to get your process instance data(https://community.k2.com/t5/General-K2-Utilities/Process-Instance-Data-and-XML-Fields-Editor/ba-p/82810)

----then load fields(i.e load data)

Regards;

Widson.

Thanks for your answer.

I meant a deleted workflow instance that was deleted programmatically via the WorkflowManagementServer.DeleteProcessInstances(int procInstID, bool deleteLogEntries) method.

When i relooked that the code, the deleteLogEntries parameter was passed in as 'true'. According to your answer, that means all data pertaining to the deleted instances are gone?

That is correct. Passing true to deleteLogEntries is equivalent to deleting Reporting Data from K2 Workspace or K2 Management.