Skip to main content

We recently upgraded to K2 5.1. We installed some of the pre-built Apps and created App using the App Wizard. Everything works well except when we need to select a user. For example, it is possible to define the list of Administrors for an App using the administration forms. When we try to add a new administrator, we key in the user name and the system goes into an infinite loop (we waited up to 20 minutes and never got a result). In case this is relevant, we use Windows AD.

I checked the administration form and the picker used to select a user is based on the UMUser SmartObject and call the "Get Users" method. The selected Filter Properties are FQN and DisplayName.

15127i984E6E652C42E6B4.jpg

I created a view from scratch with a picker and reproduced the issue. If I uncheck FQN in Filter Properties, it works fine. Bug?

Hi,

I tested a similar setup in K2 Five (5.1) with FP6 but couldn't reproduce the issue.
Are there any FPs on the environment?  FP information can be obtained from  [HostServer].[UpdateHistory] table.

Alternatively, you can determine the FP version by via K2 Setup Manager in 5.1 if there is no access to K2 database.

Here is UpdateHistory

I've run into a similar issue but haven't resolved it yet.  One thing that is unique about this environment is that it has multiple users domains from different forests. 

Ferko do you have multiple domains?

We have 4 different AD domains. I did some testing in Development and only kept one domain. I now get results but it still takes one minute to return results. It also takes about the same time to move from one page to the next when browsing the results (list). This doesn't make the Apps very practical to use.

Hi,

It sounds like the issue is related to query users from K2 Identity cache and it's not related to the pre-built app. UMUser SmartObject is fetching data from identity cache and it's not going out to the provider (Active Directory). Do you have a large AD structure? Can you do a count of number of records in Identity.Identity table. 

SELECT count([id])
FROM [K2].[Identity].[Identity]

returned 556 in our Development environment. The table certainly doesn't contain all our potential users.