Skip to main content

I am testing out a vanilla version of Five and I am trying to recreate some of the functionality that we have currently in 4.6.11.  Specifically the advance destinations (ie. plan per slot) and being able to execute numerous events within an activity.  It looks like I have to create numerous steps and then try to loop through a Reference created from a SmartObject that produces a list.  Is it possible to update the Reference as I execute steps in the loop?  

Attached is a visual of what is done currently.  At a high-level, I will be executing a stored proc which joins various LOB tables and uses logic to produce a list of users and associated data to assign tasks to.  Before I assign the client tasks a record is created for each task in another LOB table to store the "Workflow Activity History".  I used to store this ID in an Activity Level Data Field and use it in a future event within the activity but those don't exist anymore.  I need to be figure out how to save the ID of the history table that is created in the Reference so that I can update the record after the task is completed.   

Additionally it looks like there is no way to access the Activity Instance Destination ID anymore (until the task has been completed), which was an important value used in several of our LOB tables.  

It seems that Five has really "dumbed down" most of the functionality that we had previously and will require implementing A LOT of additional steps and creative thinking to achieve some of the advanced features that were available!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations/advice!

Jennifer

15833i57C0F14C43F6CF93.jpg

Hi,

When you drag a step into the canvas, the new workflow designer will automatically create an activity for that step. You can then drag additional steps into that activity to group them altogether under 1 activity. This should not be any different as to what you are doing in 4.6.11.

The advanced destination rule from previous versions has been dumbed down, but it should not affect the core functionality. Your workflow will still assign the task to the user you specified. If you want, you can even add custom rules to decide who will receive the task.

As for Activity Instance Destination ID, I am afraid I do not have a better solution for it. The Activity Instance Destination is only generated when the workflow reaches the task step, and the only way I can think of to retrieve the ID is to use the Activity Instance Destination SmartObject.

If you feel that the new workflow designer does not meet your current requirements, and you have no way of converting your workflow, then you should be able to stick with your legacy workflow. As long as you upgraded to K2 Five from a previous version of K2, you should still have access to your K2 studio, and deploy your workflow from there.

Just take note that if you are on 4.6.11, you need to first upgrade to 4.7, before you can upgrade to K2 Five.