Skip to main content

I have a form that executes a SmartObject Read method during the form initialize routine.  It captures a record from the database that contains both a FirstName and LastName value. 

In the output mappings page of the Read method, I am trying to pass FirstName + LastName into a DataLabel value called 'Name', but K2 will not allow for two fields to be added together.  One field is replacing the other.

I am reluctant to pass both values into seperate DataLabels and then use the TransferData to move them into another field - it just seems like a pointless overkill when the output mappings should really support this.

Am I missing something here?

Hello,

How about using an Inline Function to join those two fields?

Could you please be more specific.  I'm fairly new to K2 sorry, so I would appreciate if you could possibly elaborate on how this is done.

Thanks.

Hi,

The Inline Function I am referring to is called Join which should be under the Text category. You can use an Expression to call this function which joins the two fields you would need to pass to your SmartObject call. On the SmartObject method call on your rule, you can then use the Expression created as an input parameter.

Hope this help!