Skip to main content

When I execute the UMUser SmartObject (via Service Tester) and using the Get Users method with the Label Name = K2, it took over 2 minutes to return results (200+ seconds).  A simple search for a Surname (e.g. DisplayName = *Jones*) also takes 2 mintues. However when I do a search BeginWith (e.g. DisplayName = Jones*), it is less than 2 seconds.

12482i58400891012B1195.png

This is affecting not only my Forms but User managment in K2 Management is awefully slow. Can it be that the initial seeding of the K2 Label included the complete Active Directory and not a specific OU? How can I rectify this?

When I test the equivalent ADUser2 SmartObject, I don't get these delays.

Hello,

Do you have multiple domains? If so, UMUser is going to pull back all domains and their users, so this may be causing our issue.

In terms of User Management, i would suggest using the Begins With and place the user in there specifically. This should point directly to the user, as the Contains does need to search against the entire table.

After some further investigation I find this to be a server problem and not a K2 problem! I went to the Computer Management -> User Manager on the server and test the search function of the AD users - and find the same results -  very slow AD response. I tested this on another server on the same domain and notice the AD response is quite fast. Well, after a reboot (2 reboots actually) the AD response was lightning fast again - and consequently the K2 UMUser as well as the AD User SmartObjects were responsive. Seems the K2 front-end server does require a boot once in a while... Luckily this is a test environment.

It is a single domain environment.

Great to hear, many times slow AD calls like this are traced to environmental, but the steps I outlined are great tests to start with to drill down to the issue.