Skip to main content

Hi all,

I'm scratiching my head as to how to achieve this:

I have 2 SP Lists. 

List 1 is for recording new employee details.
                      List 2 is for adding various people that need an email alert when the a new item is added 

In very basic terms whenever an item is added to list 1, I would like the workflow the "scan through" all the list items of of List 2 and send them an email notification (these is an email column set in the list).

Thought trains....

A) My first thought was to create a reference in the workflow on List 1 to get all list items and try and extract the email columns into a data field in the workflow and use that in the email send to field, I only got as far as creating the reference!

B) My current thought train is to put the email workflow on each Item of List 2 and have it trigered on 'updated'.

However for that to work, I would need a way of automatically updating a dummy column in all items in one go in order for it to fire the workflow on all items in one go.

Is there a way to auto update all list items in a list?

Thanks, Julie :-)

Found it!

On K2 5.3 there is a rule called 'execute a smo on items that have been changed - there is a method option of then selecting 'unchanged' state, I used this to update the 2nd list with a fake value in a dummy column when in an 'unchanged state' and it worked!  I was then able to set the auto email alert to fire on each item in the second list in one go.

I've attached both the rule and the configuration if anyone else is looking for the same.  (I have set it on initilize, but can be attached to a button etc)