Skip to main content

Hi guys,

i have a SmartObject property called Emails which contain two emails with ; seperating them, so i drag in the Email control on my workflow to my Task recipient but task only drop for one email instead of the two emails 

You are assigning a task to one person, but want the e-mail regarding the task to go to multiple people? 

The task is to drop for all the (users) email

For example I had this (users) with this emails ***@gmail.com; ***@yahoo.com; ***@hotmail.com in a SmartObject property that was mapped to the recipient task

The three emails(users) is to get the task at the same time and if one action the task leave the user work desk

But currently the task recipient is picking just one email(user) out of the three email(user) to drop a task instead task should drop for the three emails(users)

Ah, ok - what you need to do is change the function that returns the list of email addresses into a list instead of a semi-colon delimited string. I don't think the task assignment parses by semi-colon. Does that make sense? Do you have control over the function that returns this list of emails?

The emails are save in a SMO control with semi colon separation.
No I don't have a control that return the list of emails

Ok - then use the K2 "Split" Text function on the return value from this SMO to split it into a list of values by semi-colon

Okay, thanks @tbyrne777
Will have that done first thing tomorrow when I resume back to work

Hi  @DMI007 ,

Please refer to the below screenshots as reference on how to use the Split function on the Task Recipient to split the list of email addresses returned from a SmartObject so that the Task is assigned to all users. 

Regards,

Kimberly 

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Thanks @tbyrne777 and @lkimberly,

Implemented this and it working fine