Skip to main content

In this K2 Cloud environment, User A is out of office, and has a rule configured to forward her tasks to her manager, User B, who is in the office. 

When User B attempts to redirect the task to someone else, an error occurs that states "Work list item is invalid or no longer present."

User A and User B are the only users with OOF rules configured.

Why can't User B successfully redirect this task?

Thank you so much!

Hi tony_f,

I tested similar scenario with the on-prem Five environment and I could see the same behavior when going through this via K2Workspace site. May I ask, does the user B have access to Management site? Can he/she try to redirect the task from there?

Thank you, khanh.

Yes, someone can (and actually, has) redirected from the Management site, simply because it's a production issue and the client needed to act on the task.

Since you have also seen this behavior with on-prem K2 Five,
- are you aware if is this a known issue with the software?
- are you aware if it is getting corrected in an upcoming patch? 

It seems about the best I can do is present a message to the user if they click on a work list item that has been forwarded (that is, Original Destination <> Current User > FQN). The message warns that redirection will not be possible from that worklist, and  includes a link to the Task List search engine on the K2 Management site (opening in a new tab).  Unfortunately, the click() event handler only works on the list item and not on the Action Menu, and I don't seem to be able to set the Action Menu properties for a single list item.

What else could I do? 

Thank you again,

Tony