Skip to main content

I wanted to know that is the new version of K2 still having the Smart Object Tester Tool? 

Since the new Designer has combined many other tools and features from 4.7, is this tool still active OR has it been replaced with some other tool?

I found this article on the Coummnity which says for previous versions also it wasnt seen by default and had to be accessed from the path mentioned in answer :

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Smart-Object-Tester-Tool/ta-p/76845

Is it so in Five as well?

I have one of my Development environments upgraded from K2 4.7 to K2 FIVE and I can still access the SMO tester tool. However I’m not sure about the clean install

Hey Prajwal,

Thanks for the information, we have a clean install hence am not sure if this tool exists or not. 

Yep - it's still there (on clean install) and works exactly the same.

Thanks Nick!!

I accept this as a solution, will confirm from our infra team as well.

It seems K2 Setup Manager doesn't create any shortcut for SmartObject Tester in the Start Menu. But the application is available at "{Installation_Folder}K2BinSmartObject Service Tester.exe". For example: C:Program FilesK2BinSmartObject Service Tester.exe

Thanks for the answer, However I have a query on top of this.

In our environment this install path is on onsite machines/Servers to which offshore cannot be granted access. Is there a way to get this tool accesoble to them?

Ex- If this is an exe can we copy it and get installed on local offshore machines?

I think SmartObject Service Tester tool is part of the K2 client tool installation, you can install K2 Five client tools (i.e. package deployment too) via K2 Five Installation on your workstation and that should include the SmartObject Tester tool.

Thanks Khanh for your response.

Does the K2 client tool come as an add on the standard K2 installer or is it included in the package?

As I already said we work onshore-offshore so will this installation be possible for offshore machines? If yes, are there any Hardware/Software requirements to fulfill before doing this installation?

Thanks in advance!!