Skip to main content

I have a user that wants to change the default person icon in the from field to a specific graphic.  The email address being used is not an exchange mailbox.  Is there a way to change the icon?  I have looked and looked. I cannot find an answer to this.

Are you referring to this graphic?

Yes!  I have a user that wants to use their own graphic.  I believe it is a Outlook setting not anything I can control in K2.  Just want to make sure I am correct.

Thank you!!!

That graphic is not exactly an Outlook setting. That graphic is part of the theme used for the entire Designer. I have never tried this before, but hypothentically speaking, it is possible to change that graphic.

So using the browser developer tool, I inspect the element containing that graphic, and found that the graphic actually comes from this location:

[Program Files]K2K2 smartforms DesignerK2 workflow DesignerApp_ThemesDesignerPickerPicker24.png

If you open that image, you will notice it contains several graphics in one image file. This is a image sprite. Basically you place a collection of graphic into one image, then use CSS positioning to display the graphic you want. Think of it this way. Imagine you have a square frame. You place that frame on a large picture. The picture is a lot bigger than the frame. You slide that picture to another position, and within the frame, the graphic changes.

The easiest solution to change that graphic is to replace the entire image sprite. To do that you have to make sure to create an image sprite with the exact same dimensions, and place the graphics in exactly the same position as the graphics in the original image sprite.

The second solution is to modify the stylesheet the workflow designer uses. I do not recommend this as you may end up messing up the workflow designer.

My recommendation is to leave it as it is, and not change that graphic. If you really want to see this feature in future versions of K2, you can log your idea over at https://ideas.k2.com.

Thank you!