Skip to main content

Hi

I have k2 4.7 workflow running on Sharepoint 2013 list.The workflow was created using visual studio.It is binded on item added event.There are few instances running on it.

Now We have created new workflow in K2 Five and we want to use that instead of old one for the newer items which will be created.

I am not able to find any option to remove the old workflow association from the list so that it doesn't get triggered for new items but it should remain for items which it has been running on or is completed .

I don't want to remove the workflow  and lose data.

One option I can think of is that I update the legacy workflow to start manually and then do the deployment in all environment but this will take time

Any other Idea how to proceed without deployment.

Hello,

If you wanted to remove the definition you can delete the definition from management and then keep the historical data etc thus you'll keep the data, and then you can proceed with new process etc. This is if you no longer want to use the process.

Regards,

Matt

Hello,

If you wanted to remove the definition you can delete the definition from management and then keep the historical data etc thus you'll keep the data, and then you can proceed with new process etc. This is if you no longer want to use the process.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt for reply

I have one doubt there are few instances which is till running on.They are not completed so if I remove the definitions will the existing instances continue to work.

If not  then I cannot delete the definition unless those are completed.Any other way to disassociate from list.

For me definitions doesn't matter let it be there.My aim is that when I assocaite new workflow this old workflow instances should not get triggered on.

Both of them are assocaited on Item added event

Hello,

In that case you can run the following query against the legacy process etc...

SELECT *
FROM [Integration].ProcessSharePointWorkflow
WHERE WorkflowName = ''; -- insert name of process here

Grab that ID and then execute the delete() under System > SharePoint 2013 Integration > SharePoint Integration Workflow Event

That'll remove the start condition from the integration tables thus the workflow will not get fired off when RER is hit, but existing instances can follow their natural progression etc.

Regards,

Matt

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.