Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm trying to redirect mails to file system in a development environment, to be sure final user wont receive a mail from dev. 

It was working fine on the old K2 versions when I update the K2HostServer.exe.config with the following config : 

<mailSettings>
<smtp deliveryMethod="SpecifiedPickupDirectory" from="system@k2.local">
<specifiedPickupDirectory pickupDirectoryLocation="c:Mail" />
</smtp>
</mailSettings>

But in my new K2 Five environment, it don't works.

Did you have any tips to block mail when you are in a development environment, which work in K2 Five ?

Thanks,

Pierre

Hi  @pierrotk2;

If EWS is configured in the environment, that means that the SmartActions section in the K2HostServer.exe.config file will most likely point to something like the following--

<sourceCode.smartActions.directoryCatalog>

<catalogs>

<add path="SmartActions" />

<add path="SmartActionsEWS" />

</catalogs>

</sourceCode.smartActions.directoryCatalog>

Change this section to the following:

<sourceCode.smartActions.directoryCatalog>

<catalogs>

<add path="SmartActions" />

<add path="SmartActionsSMTP" />

</catalogs>

</sourceCode.smartActions.directoryCatalog>

Alternative:-Should you notice the smartActions isn't wrking as expected please try this hotfix http://help.k2.com/kb002250

Should you find the above information useful, please mark such as Kudo and/or Accepted Solution.

Regards;

Widson.

We take a different approach in Dev and UAT.  We design the workflows so that the tasks are assigned to Roles (either K2 roles or more likely the result of a SQL table query).  In Dev I typically assign all of those roles to myself so that I receive the emails action all of the tasks myself during development.  In UAT the users for those Roles or tables would simply be changed to the testers.

This seems to work pretty well. 

Regards,

Tim