Skip to main content
Solved

Picker Allow Multiple does not display selected values

• 18 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a SmartObject with several columns, two of which are Multivalue types.  When I add these to an Editable List view, set the “Allow Multiple” property to yes, and set them to Picker controls with data sources as SmartObjects and run the view, I can select multiple values, but the selected values are not displayed when I save.  If I edit the row again, they are displayed in the controls, but disappear again when I save.  I have tried several different SmartObjects, including Active Directory and two different SQL tables.  I have also tried setting the “Save as XML” with no success.

Saved row with “Akron; Ashland;” in the Locations Applied To column
Editing row after saving

I have years of experience with Nintex but am new to K2 (Nintex Automation On-Prem).  How do I get the saved values to display?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 replies

Badge

Hi Leanna,

Please could you confirm, when you say “ add these to an Editable List view, set the “Allow Multiple” property to yes, and set them to Picker controls” do you mean you are adding the field to the editable list view or are you adding the Picker control to the column directly and linking it to a field?

Depending on how the field was added, will determine possible steps to take.

Thanks, 
Enid

Badge +1

Thank you for the reply, Enid.  I had K2 generate the Editable List View, so all the columns were automatically added.  I changed the control type for that column to a Picker and verified the “Allow Multiple” property was set to yes, which is the default.  I then set the data source on the column to a SmartObject.  When I couldn’t get any selected values to display in that column, I tried changing the data source to two different ones, none of which would display values.  

Badge

To resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

• In the Designer, locate and select the picker column you need to adjust.
  • Update thee Detail property to Multivalue field (it will revert the picker column to a data label and Add/Edit row to multivalue).
  • In the Add/Edit row, select the check-box list control and change the control back to a Picker.
  • Choose the SmartObject you want to use.
  • To prevent the ID from displaying when saving, change the Identifier to a user-friendly property, such a the Name property.
  • Navigate to the Rule Designer and remove the rule that is causing an error.
  • Finish and run the view to ensure everything is working:

Thanks, Enid

Badge +1

Thank you, Enid!  I figured it was something I was doing wrong due to just learning K2.  I had set both the List rows (at the top in design mode) and the Add/Edit row to Picker column types.  I needed to leave the List rows as Data Label column type.