Skip to main content

Permissions and Filtering for User Groups

• 19 April 2018
  • 1 reply

I am relatively new to K2 and would like to know how to permission and filter user groups from viewing items in a list

We have hubs like (Hub1, Hub2, Hub3, etc). Under these hubs we have multiple locations (like Loc1, Loc2, etc). There are users attached to each of these locations. The users who are attached to a specific location should be able to view all requests for that location, and nothing else. There could be one or many users in each location.

Similarly, if a user is attached to a hub for example Hub1, he should be able to see requests available for all the locations in that hub.

In addition there are admins who should be able to see everything irrespective of hubs or locations. We use SQL Server Smart Objects for this.

I have attached a spreadsheet to explain this. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas in implementing this?

All help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

S

Hi,

It sounds like you will need to setup some sort of category permisisons (Authorization Framework). Perhaps, the following link will help.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.0/default.htm#AuthorizationFramework/Authorization-Framework-Overview.htm