Skip to main content

Hi.

when I have used PDF from URL smartobject to generate PDF from web form,  is generating pdf with Unauthorised page not with url which I have added in properties.

as long user able to view the form then should work pdf generation as well. 

let me know, does it works only with service account.

Regards,

Thriveni

Hi  @Thriveni ;

Just for heads up:- 

If you are connected to a remote server try the following as well –

-          Add site to the trusted zone ( you need to login to the server with the service account)

-          Allow browser to login using windows account

-          If you are using Create PDF from URL  then you may need to add a delay before generating the pdf document

Also take the following into considerations----------

• It is important to use a valid SSL certificate in environments with an HTTPS URL. If the certificate is invalid or self-signed, the PDF may fail to convert the view or form, CSS style files may not be included, and images may not render in the PDF.

• Other scenarios where the PDF converter may fail are when there are various security restrictions on the computer or network, like the firewall blocking access to the Certificate Revocation List.

As refferenced(https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#Create/K2Designer/Controls/SaveAsPDF/SaveAsPDFControl.htm)

Last but not least:-

• When running the PDF Converter executed as the Service Account, the PDF document will contain all data that the Service Account can see for the specific execution request. For Example: If Forms Authentication is set to true, the execution request will return a login screen, which will reflect in the PDF

• When using the SmartObject created using the Service Object in a View, a Button and Rule are automatically added to execute the specific method when clicked. refferenced(https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#ServiceBrokers/PDFConverter/PDFConverter.htm)

I hope it leads you to the right direction.

Kind regards;

Widson.

Hi Thriveni,

You could also try configuring the form for Anonymous Access to see if that helps with the issue.

Thanks,