Skip to main content

Hello All,

I'm trying to package a workflow but the Package and Deployment tools can't see the workflow.

It sees another workflow, but not the one I've been developing.

I'm packaging on a DEV server and I'm logged in as the service account to edit/publish the package. The account has the Package/Deployment Role in the management console. The permissions seem the same for the two workflows. So I'm puzzled why I can only see one workflow.

Are there filesystem or other permissions that I need to check in order for the P&D tool to see my workflow?

Thanks,

-tomas

Hello tomasv,

This is a known issue and it will be fixed in a future release including:

-Workflow naming, re-aligning the naming conventions used when a HTML5 Workflow is deployed using P&D.
-P&D deployed Workflow will only grant process right to the K2 Service account and not the Deploying user.

As a workaround:

1. Edit the rights for the workflow via Management, add the User with Admin Right.
2. Edit the workflow and re-deploy.

The workflow should now be showing in the category structure.

For more information on this see the following link: https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt148248

If the above answered your question, kindly mark as "Kudo and/or Accepted Solution".

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member

regards,
Beswick

Sorry for the delay in responding (not sure why I'm not getting forum notifications)

We have only one user on our development: DOMAINsvc_k2_admin

This user created the workflow, deployed it and is the user used to run the P&D tool.

I can see the workflow in the Management tool. and the service user has admin rights.

But... when the admin user runs the P&D app (to create a deployment package for the new version of the workflow), the workflow is not visible in the P&D app. (See attached image).

Running out of ideas. Will likely open a ticket with support.

-tomas

Hi  @tomasv;

I personally think there's a problem is caused by catch in the k2 server, could you please restart the K2 Server in the services and execute the iis.exe tool if you must, refresh your browser catch and re-deploy your workflow.

I believe the issue should be solved.

I hope you find this post helpful in resolving part of your issue if not all. Should it be helpful in any way, please mark it as such by "Mark As Solution" or "Kudo" as it will be of help to other members of the community who encounter a similar issue.

Regards,

Hello,

I'm sorry but you are not reading my posts.

I am not using a browser ANYWHERE in my scenario, I'm using the K2 Package and Deployment tool.

The K2 Service has been re-started many times as has IIS.exe (how is this even related to creating a deployment package???) The server itself has been restarted several times since I am trying to create this deployment package.

The entire process is being done on the server itself, so there is nothing to be cached, since the restart.

Still, the P&D tool can not see my workflow.

I will have to open a support ticket with K2.

Thank you.

Hi tomasv,

Were you able to figure out what was the cause of the issue? It seems that I am facing the same issue with yours.

Thanks,

Jovs