Skip to main content

Dear all,

I want to enquire about K2 out off office. First question is there an option to set up out off office through SmartObject in the workflow and then task will be redirect to selected user for specific period of time.

Second question is if this task after specific period of time will come back to user?

I know that in Exchange there is a SmartObject to set this up but unfortunetly I can’t use Exchange.

Could you please help me in this matter?

Hello,

There is a SmartObject called Out of Office User under the System > Management > Users > SmartObjects category that looks like it can do this. You will need the User's FQN, and then just set them as Out of Office. 

Thank you,

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hi annastelmach,

When Out of Office is assigned, the tasks are shared, so either user can action the worklist item.  If the delegated user actions one of the shared items, they will take full ownership of the task.  However, they can re-delegate or redirect the task back to the original user.

Please have a look at K2's documentation on Out of Office: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#K2-Management-Site/User_Management/OutofOffice.htm.

Thanks,

Thanks a lot! I've got it!

Unfortunetly I have other problem with this SmartObject 'Out of Office' and method 'Set Out Of Office Status For User'. When I execute this method in managment with my user FQN it works and change user status. But when I use this SmartObject and method in Workflow with the same FQN i got an  Error Message: The User does not appear to be managed by the Connection user.

Hi,

This error can be indicative of the fact that the user being set as out of office is not being managed by the user delegating the tasks.  From what I can see after researching this issue, it looks like this may be expected behavior if the user is not managed by the connection user in AD.

Thanks