Skip to main content

Hi,

I am trying to double click an item in a list view and have it populate an item view on the form (ie, select and load the data into the existing form open).

I found a good article explaining this here: https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Blackpearl-Forum-Posts/In-List-View-how-to-link-to-Item-View/td-p/71548

However it uses the 'Load method' which I don;t seem to have when I use a 'execute a view method'? Have they changed this or is it called something else now?   (attached screen shot of my options)

If there is a different way of selecting an item froma list view to populate an item view, please let me know.

Thanks, Julie :-)

Using K2 Five

15628iFDB6FB84A15BE1E4.jpg

I imagine you would want to use the Get List Item by ID method. Inside the configure of this rule you will need to map the ID which comes from the source smartobject of the list you are double clicking. This would be in the context browser on the right hand side when the configure is open.

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudos' andor ‘Me Too’ options

The Load method in the community post you are referencing comes from the SmartObject that is bound to your View. And it will not necessarily be called the 'Load' method, depending on how you create your SmartObject, or name your SmartObject method.

The 'Load' method is basically just a read method. You pass in an ID, you retrieve the corresponding record. Just use the method in your SmartObject that can do that.

Thanks CJack,

I used the Get user by ID instead of Load and this seemed to work.

I was also trying to use an ID number I had in the list display (in the context browser under display rows) so used the ID from the smartobject on righthand context menu instead as suggested and it found the right one :-)