Skip to main content

Used a timer step in workflow , once the flow enters into timer step after the mentioned time in control the timer step is not moving to the next step and keeps on running in Waiting state.

tried the below steps:

1.Restarted the K2 service and K2 server itself - not worked.

2.Stopped and restarted the workflow instance  - not worked.

3.Checked all the steps below and after timer step - which is perfectly working and no errors.

Looks like something in the K2 Database might stops the timer control once the K2 control flow enters intot the timer step of the workflow instance.

Help/Instructions/guidance will be highly appreciated.

Additional info: All the instances in the workflow having this impact-Once the flow enters into the timer step its not moving further step in the workflow instance.
That is definitely odd behavior! As a quick test, if you build a sample workflow that has a wait time of just a minute before moving on, can you confirm that it also experiences this issue? I'd like to determine if it is workflow-specific or environment-specific and this will help.

I have seen the timer step used many times. Check if the input values for the timer step are correct.  True story:  I once set a timer step to a literal 5 minutes for testing.  Later I created a variable to hold the number of minutes (10), but when I dropped in the variable I didn't remove the literal value, so the value was interpreted as 510 minutes.

If everything is correct, open a support ticket.  They can help you look through log files to see if there are any errors.

its clearly seems like the environment issue, i tested with a sample workflow in both DEV and Prod and the timer step works fine.

this timer step doesn't moves only in QA environment alone but doesn't able to think what would be the reason for this issue??

I would have to recommend opening a ticket at this point.

Are the times on your database server and K2 server for the environment in question the same?

I've seen it in the past where they are not the same and this has caused issues for me in the past.  It was related to escalations however so may not be appropriate but worth a look to confirm.

Cheers.

Hello,

Suddenly we also started facing same issue in K2 5.3 version for timer control.

Have you find any solution for this problem except K2 DB update to change instance to stop status?