Skip to main content

I have a form with set of controls ., once user populated the values and clicked save button it will trigger the workflow to update the data in the database also the work flow task will be displayed on the user dashboard.Current process what we have is once the task list shown on user grid he has to click the row to open another form because we will pass the Serial number from workflow task as a parameter to the next form.I would like to make this more userfriendly to avoid multiple click.I wants to pass the serial number parameter and redirect to second form when ever user clicked the save button in the first form.But there is a slight delay in the work flow process also the workflow process is happening asynchronously.Becuse of this we couldnt make the first form to wait to get the serial number from workflow.Please help.

Hello,

I recommend using the API to get the Serial Number. We can utilize the REST API to grab the Activity Instance Destination ID and the Process Instance ID. That is what makes up the Serial Number. However, using the API you should be able to pull back the specific Serial Number.