Skip to main content

Hi,

I am intrigued to know what experiences other people on the community have had with the K2 Workspace app on mobile devices (K2 Five 5.3).  Having read through the guide, it looks straightforward in the steps to enable.

We are looking into the feasibility of having one of the workflows available through a tablet.

Has anyone got any experiences with using mobile on K2 Five. For example, did you have to amend any of your forms, Was the Lithium theme fine? Did you have amend the underlying theme in any way?

I've read through the guides, just think it would be beneficial to hear about any real-life 'case-studies' before proceeding.

Thanks

Conrad

Here are my experiences with them so far:

• The mobile app needs access to a couple of applications under your K2 site, so if you want let your users use the app, you need to make sure they can access those applications. Here are a list of applications required: AutoDiscover, Runtime, K2Api, Identity

• If you are using https, you need to make sure your K2 site is using a valid SSL certificate. By valid, I mean that certificate must come from a valid certificate authority. It might not work that well with a certificate from your internal certificate authority, unless you can somehow import your root certificate to your user's mobile devices. You do not have to worry about this if you are using http.

• The mobile app relies on the device's default browser engine to display your forms. On iOS devices, it will be Safari, and on Android, it will be Chrome. Sometimes there are certain issues with Safari/Chrome that will affect your K2 form, so if your Safari/Chrome already faces those issue, you will also get them in the mobile app.

• As long as your form is using the Lithium theme, your users should be able to view the forms without issues on their mobile devices, without the app. They can just use their respective mobile device browsers to open the form. So if you do not require the additional features provided by the mobile app, I will recommend you keep it simple and stick with the mobile browsers instead.

• For the forms to appear in the mobile app, you need to make some changes to your existing forms. Refer to here for more information.