Skip to main content

K2 Adding a row on list item view after click enter

• 15 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I have problem with my list view, and i dont get it why this isn't work. 

The problem is that if user click enter, on my list view automatically genereting a new item with some validation and this isn't thing which i want. I tried blocked enter key on javascript. But this script isn't work for that, because it is so random. This script sometimes block but sometimes don't work. Do you have any ideas, how to help me with that? 

I tried 4 diffrent scritps they are in attachments. 

Hi,

Can you provide more information about the validation you have in place? which rule have the validation and how are you validating the user entries? 

what version of K2 are you using?

Hi,

I'm using the K2 FIVE 5.3 version. I have list view like this:

and after click enter key, on this list is generate another row with pushing data "Kategoria = Bonusy"
and this isn't good. I need to block the enter key to stop this, but my script didn't work on that. My script work on "second click" but when you use enter for the first time, K2 automatically create second row.

Hi,

thanks for this information. I am trying to know if you have tried to add the validation on an item added event?

you won't need JS to fix this problem because it should work if you have a validation on the item added event. for example I have tested the below approach it should prevent you from adding a row if the validation fails. even if you use the Enter key