Skip to main content

In K2 5.2 Management, I go to Integration - Service Instances and want to check the settings of the PDF Converter, however the EDIT and DELETE buttons are greyed out why?

I'm logged in as Admin, and the same settings can be edited fine on a K2 4.7 box via Workspace....

Go to the "Roles" section and add yourself there as Data Admin (or one of the other roles, sorry I don't have it in front of me at the momement). I've found that being an Admin doesn't automatically grant you all of the roles in K2 Five

Hi tbyrne,

Thanks for the suggestion, but adding the k2 service account to the K2 Admins, Data Adninistrators and Security Administrators roll still does not avail the option to edit the PDF converter service instance, still greyed out

Only had K2 Five on for one day and already i've got a list as long as your hand of issues..... This is turning into a repeat of the 4.6.8 to 4.7 from yesteryear i fear....

tbyrne, what other stuff have you come across which doesn't get inherited from 4.7 when upgrading?

The roles are the only thing I can think of - they are a bit more granular now where as, for example, being an admin will allow me to build and deploy packages but now I have to be a part of the package and deploy role to do so. So it isn't necessarily that it didn't inherit my permissions, it is just a slightly different level of granularity on who can do what.

What are you trying to edit on the PDF Converter Service instance? Are you able to add/edit other service instances?

Hi,

I can edit some Service Instances, but the majority have the EDIT option greyed out.

Post K2 5.2 upgrade, one of the issues is that the PDFs are coming out garbled and formatting is all over the place.

I have fixed this before by changing the PDF converter settings to UseSerialized etc on v4.7. This works fine on 4.7 via Workspace, but i can't even edit in 5.2 after upgrading.

The option is available via the tester tool, however i want to use k2 Management, after all that's what K2 expect us to use right?

Hi,

System service instances such as the PDF Service or SharePoint service are not editable in K2 Five 5.2. Please let me know if that helps.

What???

So more functionality removed in K2 Five?

The only way to fix the messed up formatting in the PDFs was to edit the PDF Converter Service in workspace K2 4.7 and make the changes to the options within.

How are customers supposed to fix the issue now if even an K2 Admin can no longer edit the services mentioned in k2 Five?

The tester tool still opens up, are you telling me that changes made in the tester tool won't work either?

Put a ticket in with K2, this is not acceptable.

Regards

Hi Sharpharp1,

I believe some of these changes were introduced to prevent accidentally refresh certain service instances (i.e. the SharePoint 2013). If it's possible, please log a support ticket to help with the investigation. 

K2 Support say this is a known issue and will be included in the eventual K2 v5.3 (i'm surprised that it has taken this long to implement a feature that should not have been removed in the first place)

In the meantime folks, use the tester tool as a workaround...