Skip to main content

Somehow, I assume an extra item reference was created to a smartbox object I am trying to use in workflow.

I get this error repeatedly.  I cannot find any help on community or in K2 documentation on how to trouble shoot this.

Should I delete the workflow?  Will it work if I start over? or is there now some rule configured which will have a problem in a future workflow?

Anyone else experience this error before?  How do I get this resolved, short of remote services fixing it?  I need to learn how to find these problems and fix them myself if possible.

Hi,

Could you post some screenshots of the error message?

Are you getting error messages during workflow runtime (testing the workflow's instances)?

Could you edit each step in the workflow and step through the wizard screen? I would make sure if there are red badge indicators, then those must be fixed first.

Is the workflow setup to start with a Form or a SharePoint List?

I should have attached a screen shot of the error listed in K2 management.

I am getting these errors when I run the workflow, and it stops when trying to save a request status.

I am not seeing any error messages in the workflow designer wizard.  No red badges.  My workflow deploys successfully.  I have started a form, and I am not using sharepoint.

Hi,

I’m guessing that the Update Request Data step is setup to use the item reference. It's possible that the Item Reference is somehow out-of-synced  As a test, can you add an email step before the above step and map the item reference to email step, do you get the same error message?

For example, the below workflow has an item reference step. To validate the item reference is returned correctly, i add an email step to confirm it.

I have added more screen shots to my word doc.

I do not have the item reference task step.  I am trying to save a request status in a smartbox object, and it stops there.

I have included a screenshot of the view flow.  I added a show message which it is not executing, and I have shown the configure step.

I will continue this next week, but thanks for your help!

BillK

Can you add some screenshots of how you have one of the erroring steps configured? 

K2 Service (Mark M) provided a solution.

K2 was somehow configuring another item reference, even though I was not using it, and I don't believe I said to use it.

We deleted the steps in the workflow, and recreated them without letting workflow update the form rules.  So workflow found extra item references, and when the workflow was deployed, it was trying to use them without making it apparent to me how that was configured.