Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a process that is all but complete but have a niggling issue that I just can't troubleshoot, I don;t see at all how I can be doing something wrong, so before I turn to a support ticket, does the following ring a bell with anyone?

Issue
I have a display form which has an 'Edit Button' on which I have set a rule on to navigate to the edit form. I first used the straighforward 'Navigate to another form' rule and later tried the 'navigate to another form and execute a method' .... but both have the same result and whilst it DOES open and load the edit form and calls in the data, a message flashes up as follow:

"List ID is required when specifying Site Url."

If I open the edit form via the edit option on the SP list (ie, without going through the display form first) then it opens fine without any error message.

The edit form does have two people pickers on that need a site url in the configuration but I have set this up in the resolving rules (tried both the site collection url and also the root/subsite url but to no effect).

What is different about me navigating to it rather than opening it directly? I have done this before with other forms with no problem.

Any ideas?  have attached screenshots

15781iEBD3AD15B4F5F570.jpg
14648i1E516C820CA33A54.jpg
16079i13E7F2AFBE6E79F4.jpg

Hello,

I believe the issue is that there is not a listID being passed from the Display Form to the Edit Form. This ListID is automatically passed when you open the Display Form from Sharepoint, or from the Workflow as it has the Item Reference that the Form uses. Try loading the ListID parameter in the Display Form into the Edit Form when you navigate to a URL. You can also use the Open a Form rule, as this is easier to pass parameters around.

Hi,

To add on to MTMTNT, Here is how you can find the List ID:
(https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#Create/K2ForSharePoint/Create/CreateDataDynamic.htm)

When the document has loaded, navigate to "How to find your site URL and List ID" heading. 

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Katleho

Hi,

I am passing the ID in the configuration of the rule, it doesn't normally require a site url (not a required field) but I put one in anyway.

The ID is getting succesfully passed because it opens the edit form and loads the data as expected (get list item by id) (see screenshot 3).

It then just hangs with this message which i have to click on 5 times till it goes and then can continue with the edit form as usual.

I've had such problems as well...

HI,

I think the issue was that I was passing the ID from the form paramenter (ID) .... I instead selected the ID from the smartobject of view and this seems to have done the trick, I'm not sure why though as techincally its the same number.

But it works, so all happy :-)