Skip to main content

Hi All,

I have a requirement where user want to approve a task through email in a single click. After some struggle, we implement a hyperlink inside the task email which will open a new email in browser as well as email client. The href sytax was given like below

<ahref="mailto: <Address>?subject=<subbject>&body=Approve <SerialNo>">Approve</a> where <SerialNo> will be coming as SN=<number>.

Link is working in Desktop browsr but it is not working in gmail client in iphone.  When we click on Approve hyperlink in iphone gmail client then it will open a new email and body will have content only till SN. I believe email client is not able to recognize the "=" symbol after SN as part of the body, instead it is looking for an attribute. 

Due to this I am not able to approve the task from iphone. Any idea how to solve this

Hi Madhu,

1. Are you using an iphone browser to access gmail ? if yes which browser was in use ? are all the browsers showing the same results?

2. If using an app, which iphone app is it ?

3. What is your IOS version ?

Cheers,

Kate

Hi Madhu,

Is there perhaps a way that you can "escape" that character?

Not sure if the encoding "%3D" would make a difference?

-Jean

Hello Madhu,

You may want to consider setting up the K2 Workspace app on your users' mobile devices.  This app is created and fully supported by the K2 development team, and should allow for a similar functionality to what you are trying to achieve with the gmail app as it will allow them to respond to task notifications from a mobile device.  Please see K2's documentation on this below:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2mobile/userguide/current/default.htm

Thanks!