Question

Is it Possible to Use Page Viewer to View Attachment

• 14 March 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

Is it possible to use the Page Viewer Form Control to show the list items attachment?

In our environment, we are using an on premise Nintex 2013 version, (we haven’t moved to O365 yet). Our department does not have access to install any SharePoint Server side code, and our IT department doesn’t allow for niche code changes on the server. Also, I don’t write code but I do stumble through JavaScript enough to get by. To sum up, my options are limited.

The project is a Purchasing Card Expense Report Form, where the receipt for the purchase is the list item attachment. One of the requirements is to have the form and attachment print to a single PDF. It doesn’t have to be pretty, it just needs to show the form data and the receipt (aka, attachment). I was thinking that if I could get the Page Viewer From Control to view the attachment, then I could use a Button Control to do a screen print of the form and attachment together.

Is this possible? If so, could I get any code hints and where would the code go in the form?

My reasoning for thinking this most likely possible is that I can put the list item attachment URL in the Page Viewer Source field and it will display the attachment. I just don’t know where to start to get this to happen programmatically. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!