Skip to main content

I wonder if is possible to Install multiple version of BlackPearl in the same server.

Like to have 4.6.11 then 4.7 and why not K2Five to test the migrations.

Perhaps only 1 instance can be running, but wondering if there will be any conflicts with the Binaries or Installations ?

Any comments ?

"K2 Migration" - those words give me flashbacks of the experience i endured moving from 4.6.11 to 4.7 and that was onto a new Server because i had little faith in migrating across directly...

It would be great to have  Development VM machines you could use for testing a migration to iron out problems. Having the ability to take snapshots and revert back to a point would be even better.

K2 Support use VMs all the time to test stuff depending on a customers K2 versions.

Best case would be somehow cloning Source server and testing a migration to another server is a closed environment, either that or a Solid K2 migration wizard which didn't allow things to get broken.

The other things is Cavester, can you test a K2Five migration without moving to their "new" licensing model?

So what I was thinking is to setup somehow Env. Variables, like Path, and others similar like when we used to do Multi-Tier installatino of $ORACLE_HOME. within the same machine using different port for each instance of Oracle.

My ide was to setup an environment to install binaries of K2 Black Pearl 4.7 somewhere for example c:program filesK2_47

Later use another installation of K2 Five somewhere for example c:program filesK2_Five

This way each instance will have their own Binaries in their own path with their respective Application Pools and Websites.

Making sure the ports don't conflict is conceivable to think 2 running installations of K2 within the same box. pointing via SQL Alias to their own Database.

Unfortunately trying to achieve this goal with the Future K2 Gury Bryan Baka BP ] we failed. somehow K2 knew about the previous installation and proceed with the upgrade no questions asked.

I guess we will have to request another Virtual Server for this test.

Regarding the Licensing Model, got some email from K2 Accoujnt Manager, and there is an increase on Jan 1 2018 that regardless if you upgrade or not to K2 Five will be an increase, so we better upgrade !!!

Dino

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I'm looking to install 4.6 and 4.7 on the same developer PC.

Hi pdjamespaicom.

This will not work. A same server can't have both Blackpearl 4.6 and 4.7. The DLLs will be mismatched in the Windows Assembly and the installed directory.