Skip to main content

Can iireset operation repair and/or replace the missing codebase ="code" automatically from the K2HostServerProd.exe.config?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

IISRESET will not replace any thing that is originally missing. It is not a repair option, therefore does not repair anything. Can you elaborate further what is the issue you are facing, and what exactly are you trying to repair?

Hi K2 Developer

Thank you for replying, lets say codeBase version (dependentAssembly) is missing from K2HostServer.exe.config file (as attached).

Will this affect anything from k2 five , making  K2HostServer to validate environmental fields [fields] ?

Thanks for clarity in advance.

Hi Widson,

Out of curiousity, is the environment making use of  the K2 for SharePoint 2013 integration bit?

If the SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.SharePoint15.Common.dll file is missing and you have a lower environment with similar K2 version/CU and Fix Pack, then I would copy the DLL over. Let me know if that helps.

Hi Khanh

Thank you for replying, your response opened an eye for me.

Looked for other Alternatives:-But i find out that can be done even manually by Specify code base - by editing a (web) application configuration file, we can easily point the application to the appropriate DLL versions even if they're not directly in the bin folder.
used this syntax-<codeBase
version="Assembly version"
href="URL of assembly"/>

This article gave me a sense too. https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt152429

Thank you.